One Piece: Shores of Destiny Rp Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A stat based One Piece RP site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Don't forget to check the news section every so often for updates.

Gyo (finished)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gyo

Gyo (finished) Empty
PostSubject: Gyo (finished)   Gyo (finished) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Character Name:
Gyo
Allegiance :
Pirate
Job:
Figther
Crew or Loner:
Crew
How you found us:
A post on the One Piece reddit led me here :)
Do you agree to the site rules?:
Yes, they are reasonable.
Sample RP :
(Sorry if this is too long I didn't want to start the role play with something that wasn't Gyo's backstory. I hope this dosen't cause any problems)

As long as Gyo can remember he had been a student at the academy. He was nearing the end of his 11th year there.

He was under his favorite tree. The sun fondled itself across the leaves and floated unto his jacket. Gyo was an adolescent but resembled more of a young-man, he was wearing his favorite jacket. A tattered winter coat that was a blackish gray. Underneath he wore a soft white polo shirt (it was part of the academy’s uniform). Blue jeans folded upwards just below his knee and no shoes or socks. He had turned up his coats collar to protect his skin from sunburn. He was very pale you see, much paler than any other student. His hair resembled the colour of blood and appeared to not of been combed or brushed for months.

The academy was a marine based ‘school’ for training to-be marines, it was located on an island and was surrounded by a small town. Marines of Captain level and above had the opportunity to send their children here, however the academy was mostly filled with the children of rich citizens paying for there kids to grow up to be ‘Heroes’. As well as being a training ground for future marines, The Academy also served as a marine base on a small island in North Blue. The Building itself was a huge white fort, filled with white walls, endless white classrooms and filled with hundreds of white-unifrormed teachers and students.

Gyo hated it. He couldn’t wait till his 18th birthday came and he was able to leave, He liked no lessons, liked no teachers and had no friends. Accept for one. Queve was 5 years older than Gyo. She was a petit young woman who worked at the academy. That was all Gyo knew about her, for whatever reason she wasn’t allowed to tell Gyo what her job at the academy was or why she liked teaching there. Despite this she told Gyo everything he needed to know about himself. Up until a 18 months ago Gyo knew nothing of himself, why he was here, who were his parents and where were they? But Queve had explained it all.

Gyo was found in a shipwreck as a small child just under 3 years old. Marines brought Gyo to an island nearby, shortly after-wards journalists had reported Gyo’s ‘Heart breaking story’ and all of North Blue knew about the ‘orphan with no name’. A great deal of publicity was directed towards Gyo from all over the ocean. Queve explained to Gyo that although there was a great amount of sympathy it was reported that Gyo may of been ‘The children of pirates’ and no citizen wanted to take care of someone with pirate blood in them. Queve continued to tell Gyo that back then The Academy wasn’t very popular and was seen as to of recruited to many cadets from rich families. They took the shipwrecked orphan in, named him Gyo and began his training as a marine.

Gyo didn’t attend any of his lessons anymore. He spent most of his days sleeping and jumping over the Academy wall to teach himself to row. Everyday around this time he waited under the tree for Queve. For him the tree was a symbol of hope and freedom while the Academy was like an anchor to his dreams. He asked himself if there was anytime he had enjoyed himself at the Academy, he had a few times, in his old martial arts class. He never listened to his sensei and knew no moves or techniques, but saw it as an opportunity to train his fists. Eventually he got kicked out for breaking his senpai’s arm when he was trying to block Gyo’s punch. Gyo grinned at the memory. His unusually bony fists as well as lightness of his arms allowed to really pack a punch, although he had never trained in any techniques or fighting styles seriously.

Queve trotted over and sat down.
“Sorry I’m late” she said smugly. Gyo looked at her,
“I didn’t even notice”. They shared a smirk. For the next half hour they shared small talk, until Queve said:
“Gyo, I may be going away soon-”
“where?” Gyo interreputed.
“I can’t say”
They both shared a mutual look of disappointment, although Queve had told Gyo everything about himself, she never told him any thing about her. she then continued.
“I want you to have this”
She threw him a silver necklace with a small anchor hanging on the end of it.
“I know it’s woman’s jewelry but I want you to have it”
“This is awesome, I’ll definitely keep this! Woman’s jewelry or not!”
She smiled, and then stood up to leave
“I’ll see you tommorow”
“see ya”.

The next day Gyo waited for her for over an hour then went to search for her, he couldn’t find her anywhere, until he asked a prefect.

“What? Queve? You don’t know? She’s been removed from the Academy, apperently she was a mole for the Revolutionary Army, that is some pretty serious shit.”

Gyo didn’t know what to think, his whole life felt like it was collapsing, Queve was all he had and now she was gone. He spent literally hours under his tree thinking about what he needed to do. Until he came to a conclusion. He knew exactly what was necessary.

That night Gyo snuck out of the Academy, the towns shadow as his cloak. His plan was to take the row boat he had bought and just head out. Anywhere. Everywhere but here. looking back up at the academy he wanted to shout every offense in the book, but he knew that would blow his cover. So he stared at the Academy then sat down, and started rowing.

Word Count: 976

Back to top Go down
Nico Robin
Admin
Nico Robin

Gyo (finished) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gyo (finished)   Gyo (finished) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Welcome to Shores of Destiny!

Our goal here is to offer as many customization options as possible while providing a fun, gaming-esque atmosphere. If you need anything please feel free to contact a staff member.

Please make sure to read the following threads as they will help you on your adventure!

We don't require anything special to get started after you are accepted, just jump right in and write.
You don't have to write out anything to travel from place to place, though we do encourage it.

As a new member on the site, you get a few items to start out...
Unforged Weapon- To forge this weapon, take a look at THIS THREAD. This will make a tier 1 weapon with nothing particularly special about it.
Boat- single person, 3 attacks, 2 slots. For more information on ships go HERE.
One Free Custom Skill- As soon as you join, you get one free custom skill request. It must be T1.

Starting Stats
Exp: 0
HP: 1000
Attack: 200
SP: 200
Defense: 5%
AP: 3
Beri: 0

Read more about Stats HERE
Back to top Go down

Gyo (finished)
Page 1 of 1